Florida Marriage License Information
In order to have a Florida Wedding, you must first obtain a Florida marriage license. The license may be purchased at any courthouse in the State of Florida.
If you have any QUESTIONS regarding laws, required documents, etc. Please contact any courthouse in the State of Florida for information.
Most Courthouse hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm – Monday through Friday, excluding certain holidays. Courthouses are normally closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and some may be closed on Fridays. Many courthouses also close early the day before a holiday, so keep this information in mind when planning to obtain the Florida marriage license prior to your wedding date.
The Florida Marriage License is the LEGAL DOCUMENT you purchase to legalize your marriage, and is NOT provided by Panama City Weddings. You must provide the Officiant performing the ceremony with the license, and the officiant is responsible for the legal filing of the Florida marriage license after the ceremony. After filing, the State of Florida is responsible for recording the document, and for sending the stamped copy to the bridal couple for their records. ALWAYS HAVE FLORIDA MARRIAGE LICENSE ON HAND TO PRESENT TO OFFICIANT PERFORMING CEREMONY. WITHOUT THIS DOCUMENT -CEREMONY CAN NOT BE LEGALIZED BY THE OFFICIANT!
1. NO WAITING PERIOD FOR OUT-OF-STATE RESIDENTS ONLY!
2. FLORIDA RESIDENTS – Must wait 3 days AFTER applying for the Florida marriage license before they can marry, unless they can provide a pre-marital course certificate
obtained PRIOR to applying for the Florida marriage license.
3. NO BLOOD TESTS OR PHYSICAL REQUIRED
4. BOTH PARTIES MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
5. BOTH PARTIES MUST BE PRESENT TO SIGN FOR THE LICENSE & PRESENT PROPER ID.
6. FLORIDA MARRIAGE LICENSE IS VALID FOR 60 DAYS FROM DATE ISSUED.
7. FLORIDA MARRIAGE LICENSE IS $93.50 payable by CASH, VISA, MC And Discover – Checks are not accepted. NO REFUNDS
**KNOW your Social Security number. If previously married, know the date of divorce or death.
8. The ONLY OUT-OF-STATE OFFICIANT LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO PERFORM WEDDINGS IN FLORIDA IS AN ORDAINED MINISTER!!! (NO out-of-state Notaries, Justices of the Peace, Judges, etc., may legally perform Florida wedding ceremonies!)
The following courthouse information is provided for your convenience:
Bay County Courthouse (Panama City Beach/Panama City)
300 East 4th Street, Panama City, Florida, 32401.
Phone – 850-747-5156
Hours are Monday – Friday – 8:00am – 4:30pm CST. (Excluding Holidays)
Walton County Courthouse (Beaches of South Walton – Hwy 30-A)
Clerk of Circuit Court
571 Hwy 90 East
Defuniak Springs, FL 32433
(Marriage License – Room 208 2nd floor)
Please contact the courthouses for any further information such as what documents if any you need to provide if previously married and divorced.
Panama City Weddings has been the recipient of numerous awards over the years. We have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. We have been featured in several bridal magazines over the years. We are a member of the Certified Wedding Professionals. We have also won numerous local choice awards in the Northwest Florida area. However, our greatest achievement is the recognition we receive from our couples. We are proud to have received the Couple’s Choice and Bride’s Choice awards.